The acclaimed Tamron 18-270mm ultra zoom for APS-C format DSLRs has reached an astonishing new level of compactness, performance, and speed with the addition of PZD (Piezo Drive), an innovative ultrasonic autofocus motor based on an advanced piezoelectric design. The result is a lens that's considerably lighter, and noticeably shorter and slimmer (filter diameter: 62mm) than any previous lens in its class, and provides faster, quieter auto-focusing.
Signature features that have made this amazingly versatile lens the world standard in its class have been retained. They include a 28-419mm equivalent (15X) zoom range, macro focusing to 0.49m (19.3 inches) throughout, and, of course, superlative imaging performance.
- Model: B008
- Focal Length: 18-270mm
- Maximum Aperture: F/3.5-6.3
- Angle of View (diagonal): 75° 33' - 5° 55'
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 13 groups
- Diaphragm Blade Number: 7
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.49m (19.3in)
- Minimum Aperture: F/22-40
- Max. Magnification Ratio: 1 : 3.8 (at f=270mm : MFD 0.49m)
- Standard Accessories: Flower shaped lens hood
- Filter Size: 62mm
- Length: 88mm (3.5 in)
- Entire Length: 96.4mm (3.8 in)
- Diameter: 74.4mm (2.9 in)
- Weight: 450g (15.9 oz)