Portrait-perfect sharpness and bokeh
There's nothing like the sharpness and smooth bokeh of a well-designed mid-range telephoto prime lens for portraiture, and the SEL85F18 is a standout choice. It features a compact, lightweight design for mobility, with high-performance optics and a large F1.8 maximum aperture that deliver outstanding image quality. An excellent second lens for both full-frame and APS-C camera users.
Fine prime-lens performance
ED glass for chromatic aberration compensation, a 9-blade circular aperture, and carefully controlled spherical aberration contribute to superb sharpness and smooth bokeh.
Mobile and manageable for active shooting
A compact, lightweight (13.1 oz/371 g) design that is ideally matched to the α7 series offers a great blend of portability and high image quality for portraits, events, and more.
Quiet, precise focus drive
A double linear motor system directly drives the lens's focus mechanism without intervening gears for precise, quiet operation that is ideal for movies as well as stills.
Quality build, versatile features
A customizable focus hold button, a wide and responsive focus ring, dust and moisture-resistant design1, and other refinements add up to outstanding quality and versatility.
- Mount: Sony E-mount
- Format: 35mm Full Frame
- Focal Length: 85mm
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length (APS-C): 127.5
- Lens Groups / Elements: 8-9
- Angle Of View (35mm): 29°
- Angle Of View (APS-C): 19°1
- Maximum Aperture: F1.8
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Aperture Blades: 9
- Circular Aperture: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.63 Ft (0.8 M)
- Maximum Magnification Ratio (X): 0.13
- Filter Diameter: 67mm
- Image Stabilization (Steadyshot): - (Body-integrated)
- Dimensions (Diameter X Length): 3 1/8 X 3 1/4" (78 X 82 mm)
- Weight: 13.1 oz (371 g)
- Included accessories: Hood ALC-SH150, Lens front cap ALC-F67S, Lens rear cap ALC-R1EM