This ultra-telephoto zoom lens covers a telephoto range up to 500mm and allows photographers to bring the subject close and short perspective. Sigmaﾒs original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower. It is ideal for sports, wildlife and landscape photography with handheld shooting. Three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction for chromatic aberration. This lens is equipped with a rear focus system that minimizes fluctuation of aberration caused by focusing. The super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. This lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), which ensures a quiet and high-speed AF as well as full-time manual focusing capability. A removable tripod socket (TS-31) is included as a standard component.
- Incorporating Sigmaﾒs original OS (Optical Stabilizer) function.
- An ultra-telephoto zoom lens covers a telephoto range up to 500mm and allows short perspective.
- Three SLD glass elements and a rear focus system provide optimum image quality throughout the entire zoom range.
- Super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting.
- HSM ensures quiet and high-speed autofocus.
- Lens Construction: 21 Elements in 15 Groups
- Angle of View: 16.4 - 5 degrees
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9 Blades
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 86.6 in.
- Maximum Magnification: 1:5.2
- Filter Size: 86mm
- Filter Size: Bayonet-type Hood
- Dimensions Diameter: 3.7 in. X 9.9 in.
- Weight: 67.4 oz.