Don’t let the SH-1’s stylish looks fool you. Underneath its retro-cool exterior, this camera is a beast. It’s the world’s first compact* with 5-axis image stabilization for both video and stills. It’s got built-in WiFi, advanced video capabilities, multiple control options and numerous intelligent shooting modes.
Photography geeks revere the Olympus PEN series, which celebrates its 55th anniversary in 2014. The SH-1 extends this legacy of classic design with textured synthetic leather, brushed aluminum accents, and ergonomic grips and control placement. The premium build is matched by the camera’s muscular 24x wide-angle optical zoom (25-600mm equivalent). Mr. Yoshihisa Maitani would no doubt be proud.
Sharpen your focus
The SH-1 is the world’s first compact camera* with 5-axis image stabilization for still photographs as well as video, technology adapted from Olympus’s acclaimed OM-D series. In video mode, IS performance is superior to that of a digital camcorder. Combine this feature with the SH-1’s wide-angle 24x zoom and you can shoot blur-free from any distance.
With WiFi built right in, the SH-1 is designed to complement your digital lifestyle. Download the free Olympus Image Share app to your smart device and share photo and movie files with a press of a button. You can also control and operate the camera remotely, geotag photos, and apply custom signatures, Art Filters and stamps.
Advanced Video Capabilities
The SH-1 shoots Full HD 60p video for smoother action sequences and high-speed footage you can replay in frame-by-frame super-slow motion. Photo & Movie Capture allows you to simultaneously capture full-res still photos while recording HD video. Time-Lapse Movie compresses up to five hours of action into a 20-second movie. All you need is the director’s chair!
You are in control
Designed to accommodate every shooting style, the SH-1 puts you in complete control. Hands-on types can customize settings (ISO, shutter speed, aperture) in Manual Mode, and use Live Guide to adjust color and brightness on the fly. Touchscreen controls make it easy to select autofocus points and trip the shutter, and a built-in electronic Level Gauge ensures perfectly aligned results.
Flex your creativity
When you want to go beyond basic snapshots, the SH-1 is ready. Continuous shooting (11fps)…interval shooting (up to 99 shots)…Backlight HDR (multiple images automatically combined for optimal brightness)… Hand-Held Starlight mode (sharp night scenes, no tripod required)…Panorama mode (easy panning)…Photo Story and Art Filters. Yikes! The only challenge is figuring out which creative tool to use.
- Image Sensor: 16 Megapixel – BSI CMOS 1/2.3”
- Image Stabilization: 5-axis sensor-shift (suppresses 5 types of movements: yaw/pitch/roll/up&down/left&right)
- Image Processor: TruePic VII
- Zoom: 24x Optical Zoom + 2x Super Resolution Zoom + 4x Digital Zoom
- Focal Length: 4.5 - 108mm (35mm equivalent: 25 - 600mm)
- Removable Media Card: SD, SDHC, SDXC,
- Internal Memory: 37MB
- Battery: LI-92B Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Dimension: 4.3” W x 2.5” H x 1.7” D (108.8mm W ｘ 63.2mm H ｘ 42.4mm D)
- Weight: 9.5oz (271g)
- Included accessories: Shoulder Strap, LI-92B Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, USB Cable (CB-USB8), AC Adapter (F-2AC), Quick Start Guide, CD-ROM with Instruction Manual and Olympus Viewer 3 Software, Worldwide Warranty Card
|Sensor Size||Compact (1/2.3")|