In wireless mode, the FL-600R has a built-in *commander function to remotely fire other wireless flash units without firing itself, but it can also be used as a slave flash, controlled by a camera's built-in flash or by another commander unit. Up to three groups of flashes, plus a clip-on flash such as the FL-LM2, can be configured independently. Four wireless channels are available, which prevents interference from other photographers' flashes. In addition to the wireless option, the flash can be attached and locked securely onto a camera's hot shoe or mounted externally using a compatible flash bracket and cable, such as the FL-BK01, FL-BKP02, FL-BKM03 or FL-BK04.
Powered by four AA alkaline or NiMH batteries, the FL-600R's charging time is approximately half as long as that of the FL-50R.
- Guide Number 50 at ISO 200; Guide Number 36 at ISO 100 (when built-in wide panel is not in use)
- Guide Number 17 at ISO 200; Guide Number 12 at ISO 100 (when using built-in wide panel)
- 8 mm equivalent coverage (35 mm equivalent focal length = 16 mm) with built-in wide panel
- Firing angle: Approx. 30 degrees
- 6 modes: TTL-AUTO, AUTO, Manual, FP TTL-Auto, FP Manual, RC
- 4 AA (R6) alkaline or NiMH batteries
- 2.4 in. (W) x 4.1 (H) x 1.1 (D)
- 9.0 oz. (255 g)
- Included accessories: flash stand, soft case, instruction manual and warranty card.