- Portable, Versatile Speedlight Unit - i-TTL Speedlight optimized for use with Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS).
- Nikon's Precision i-TTL Flash Control - Delivers precise flash exposures and seamless fill-flash performance, even in challenging lighting situations.
- Complete Flash Head Positioning Freedom - Bounce 90° up and 7° down with 360° rotation elevates creative lighting freedom.
- Hot Shoe and Wireless Operation - Use on-camera, as a wireless master, commander or remote light source.
- Wireless Flash Control - Wireless Commander Mode controls up to 2 remote Speedlight groups and an unlimited number of compatible Speedlights. When used as a remote speedlight up to 3 Groups can be selected. Four wireless channel options help manage wireless conflicts in multi-photographer environments.
- Versatile Auto Power Zoom Coverage - Smoothly covers lenses as wide as 24mm and up to 120mm in FX-format.
- Choose From 3 Light Distribution Patterns - Using the simple slider switch on the back of the SB-700, you can optimize light quality by selecting Standard for general illumination, Center-weighted for portraits or Even, for groups or interiors.
- Streamlined Controls and Menus - Convenient Rotary Select Dial sets key functions quickly and a prominent Master and Remote control switch simplifies wireless operation.
- Color Filter Identification - Automatically identifies mounted hard type color filters and adjusts camera white-balance.* *With select Nikon digital SLRs
- Flash Tube Overheat Protection - To prevent overheating, flash recycle time increases when SB-700 detects heat build-up.
- Automatic Format Identification - Automatically senses the FX or DX-format camera in use and optimizes light distribution.
- Flash Value (FV) Lock - Locks in a specific flash output on the main subject, regardless of aperture, composition or the lens zoom position. *With select Nikon digital SLRs
- Firmware Updating - Allows uploading of performance enhancement developments. *With select Nikon digital SLRs
- Drip-Proof Mounting Foot Cover (Water Guard)* - Provides enhanced moisture protection. *Optional
- Guide Number: 28m/92ft. (at ISO 100, 35mm zoom head position, in FX format, standard illumination pattern, 20°C/68°F) to 39m/128ft. (at ISO 200, 35mm zoom head position, in FX format, standard illumination pattern, 20°C/68°F)
- Required Power Source: Four 1.5 V alkaline AA-size batteries
Four 1.5 V lithium AA-size batteries
Four Rechargeable 1.2 V NiMH AA-size batteries
- Dimensions: 2.8" x 5.0" x 4.1" (71.0mm x 126.0mm x 104.5mm) (Approx.)
- Weight: (Approx. without batteries) 12.7 oz. (360 g) (Approx. Speedlight only) 15.9 oz. (450 g) (Approx. with four 1.5 V alkaline AA batteries)
- Included accessories: AS-22 Speedlight Stand, SW-14H Nikon Diffusion Dome, SZ-3TN Incandescent Filter, SZ-3FL Fluorescent Filter, SS-700 Soft Case