Designed for use on Nikon's FX-format D-SLR cameras, this updated medium telephoto f/1.8 lens is great for shooting stills or HD videos. The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G features Nikon's Internal Focus (IF) system providing fast and quiet AF and produces sharp and clear images at all apertures. Its fast maximum aperture is ideal for taking stills or HD videos under ideal lighting, in low light, head and shoulder portraiture, weddings or concerts. When mounted on a DX-format D-SLR, the AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G has an effective field of view of 127mm.
- Fast f/1.8, compact FX-format prime (fixed focal length) medium telephoto lens Optimized for FX-format D-SLR cameras but equally at home on any Nikon DX-format D-SLR, featuring Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM) and Internal Focusing (IF)
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Internal Focus (IF) Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining working distance throughout the focus range.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus
- Mount Type Nikon F-Bayonet Focal Length 85mm Maximum Aperture f/1.8 Minimum Aperture f/16 Format FX/35mm
- DX Maximum Angle of View (DX-format) 18°50'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format) 28°30'
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio 0.12x
- Lens Elements 9 Lens Groups 9
- Compatible Format(s) FX
FX in DX Crop Mode
- Diaphragm Blades 7
- Distance Information Yes
- Super Integrated Coating Yes
- Autofocus Yes AF-S (Silent Wave Motor) Yes
- Internal Focusing Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance 2.62 ft.
- Focus Mode Auto
- G-type Yes
- Filter Size 67mm
- Accepts Filter Type Screw-on
- Dimensions (Approx.) 3.1x2.9 in. (Diameter x Length) 80x73mm (Diameter x Length)
- Weight (Approx.) 12.4 oz. (350g)
- Supplied Accessories LC-6 Snap-on Front Lens Cap, HB-62 Bayonet Lens Hood, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, CL-1015 Semi-soft Lens Case