Fast aperture, f/2.8 zoom features VR II image stabilization, ED glass and Nano Crystal Coat. Excels at low-light sports, fashion, portraits and more.
- Fast f/2.8 Zoom-NIKKOR lens - Perfect for sports, photojournalism and wildlife photography.
- Nikon VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization - Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables
- handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images.
- 7 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements - Offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration, even at the widest aperture settings.
- Nano Crystal Coat - Further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) - Enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) - Enables fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm - Renders more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
- Internal Focus (IF) - Provides fast and quiet autofocus without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- Focuses to 4.6 feet - Close focusing provided throughout the entire zoom range for extended versatility.
- M/A focus mode switch - Enables quick response to changing situations between manual and autofocus operation.
- Flower-shaped lens hood - Included HB-48 lens hood-shades the objective from unwanted, image-degrading light.
- Focal Length Range: 70-200mm
- Zoom Ratio: 2.9x
- Maximum Aperture: 2.8
- Minimum Aperture: 22
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): Yes
- Vibration Reduction: Yes
- Distance Information: Yes
- ED Glass Elements: Yes
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Nano Crystal Coat: Yes
- Internal Focusing: Yes
- Manual/Auto Focus Mode: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 4.6 ft. (1.4m)
- Maximum Angle of View: 34°20'
- Minimum Angle of View: 12°20'
- Lens (Elements): 21
- Lens (Groups): 16
- ED (Elements): 7
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.12
- Dimensions: 3.4x8.1in. (Diameter x Length)
- Weight: 54.3oz. (1540g)
- Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Accepts Filter Type: Screw-on
- Filter Size: 77mm
- Lens Attachment Size: 77mm
- Lens Case: CL-M2
- Lens Hood: HB-48
- Supplied Accessories: HB-48 Bayonet Hood, Case, 77mm lens cap, Rear lens cap