This updated, classic FX prime lens with a fast maximum aperture is ideal for everyday shooting, perfect in low lighting situations and great for producing images with beautiful background blur (bokeh). The AF-S 50mm f/1.8G is optimized for FX-format D-SLR cameras but equally at home on any Nikon DX-format D-SLR and includes Silent Wave Motor technology (SWM) for fast and precise autofocus and an aspheric lens element for outstanding optical performance with high contrast.
- Fast f/1.8, compact FX-format prime (fixed focal length) lens - Optimized for FX-format D-SLR cameras but is equally at home on any Nikon DX-format D-SLR.
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) - Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Aspherical Lens Element - Virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) - Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch - Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation.
- Close focusing to 1.48 feet - For extended versatility
- Rounded 7 Blade Diaphragm - Renders more natural background blur (Bokeh).
- Mount Type Nikon F-Bayonet
- Focal Length 50mm
- Maximum Aperture f/1.8
- Minimum Aperture f/16
- Format FX/35mm
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format) 31°30'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format) 47°
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio 0.15x
- Lens Elements 7 Lens Groups 6
- Compatible Format(s) FX
FX in DX Crop Mode
- Diaphragm Blades 7
- Distance Information Yes
- Aspherical Elements 1
- Super Integrated Coating Yes
- Autofocus Yes AF-S (Silent Wave Motor) Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance 1.48ft.(0.45m)
- Focus Mode Auto
- G-type Yes
- Filter Size 58mm
- Accepts Filter Type Screw-on
- Dimensions (Approx.) 2.8x2.1 in. (Diameter x Length)
72.1x52.4mm (Diameter x Length)
- Weight (Approx.) 6.6 oz. (185g)
- Included accessories: 58mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-58, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Bayonet Hood HB-47, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1013