A fast F1.2 lens with a focal length of 85mm* that delivers beautiful background bokeh so it's ideal for portraiture. The lens' incredible resolving power is thanks to a new optical design featuring 11 elements in 8 groups. Two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements and one double-sided aspherical element are used to control spherical and chromatic aberrations, while a further four of the elements feature convex surfaces to ensure excellent light coverage, even when shooting wide open.
Like other XF lenses, the XF56mmF1.2 R is designed to be comfortable in use and has a premium quality look and feel.
* 35mm format equivalent
- Type: XF56mmF1.2 R
- Lens configuration: 11 elements in 8 groups (includes 1 aspherical and 2 extra low dispersion elements)
- Focal length: (35mm format equivalent) f=56mm (85mm)
- Angle of view: 28.5°
- Max. aperture: F1.2
- Min. aperture: F16
- Aperture control
- Number of blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Step size: 1/3 EV (23 steps) * 1/2 EV, from max. aperture to next step, only.
- Focus range
- Normal: 0.7m - ∞
- Macro: 0.7m - 3m
- Max. magnification: 0.09x
- Diameter x Length: (approx.) 2.88 x 2.74" (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight: (approx.) 14.29 oz excluding caps and hoods
- Filter size: ø62mm